Why should my classroom use Heartbeat?
When should my students use Heartbeat?
- From research and deployments both large and small, Heartbeat should be interacted with 2-3 times per week for about 5-10 minutes by the students.
- This can be done in advisory periods, bell ringers (bell work), end of a class period, media center, after a test, anywhere and everywhere you find space.
How to set up my “groups”?
- Access Heartbeat found under the "products" tab of schools.shmoop.com's homepage
- Click the “groups” tab
- Name the group
- Add students and partnering teachers to the group using their names or email addresses
- For a more in-depth guide go here.
What is “handraise”?
- Administrators can choose to opt-in this feature for their entire school, or make the controls available at the teacher level per group.
- This feature allows students to “speak up” without being seen by their peers. They may have questions about an insight, feedback about actions, or may want to discuss something further with a counselor. Read more about handraises here.
How do I read my “Heartbeat Dashboard”?
- Use the filter system on the left side to decide on a time stamp, group, student name, or favorite dimension you would like to run in your report.
- In the center, observe the trends and click into the dimensions that interest you.
- Inside of each dimension, you will find insights and actions to support and encourage your students as they grow.
For more Heartbeat articles go here.