Why should I use Shmoop's Test Prep?
Shmoop's Test Prep gradebook allows you as an educator to identify, predict, and improve students' scores while giving them a personalized learning journey. Let's take a look at how this works.
How do I set up my gradebook?
- On your homepage, you will find a button that says “create a classroom”. Once clicked it will take you to the classroom creation page with clear instructions to complete the classroom. It only takes a few seconds.
- Add the Shmoop resource of choice and create as many classrooms as needed.
- Provide students with the class code found on the overview tab of your classroom, along with the email tied to your Shmoop account.
- Students will join your classroom with this code and your email address. You can now track their progress in the resource(s) you added to your classroom.
How do I use test prep data to find gaps in learning?
- Go into your classroom “gradebook” tab.
- Click “class averages”.
- Change “view” drop-down to “skills”.
- See the skills mastered report to find:
- What skills have been mastered?
- What skills are students progressing in?
- What skills are students struggling with?
- Run the same report under “individual students” to dig deeper.
- Video for assistance, here.