Calling all teachers! Let's hop aboard the classroom train where you can find all sorts of great management tools. From easy ways of contacting your students to keeping tabs on their progress within our test prep "Big Brother" style.
Once logged into your account hover over the "My Stuff" tab and select "Classrooms" (see image below). Go ahead and click that bad boy. You will be directed to a list of all of the classrooms you have previously created. If you have not created a classroom check out this article. How do I Create a Classroom?
Once you have selected your test prep classroom lets tackle each of the five tabs and their uses in the following sections: OVERVIEW, MANAGE, GRADEBOOK, ASSIGNMENTS, and EMAIL STUDENTS.
- Class Announcements: Here you can post class announcements. This is a great way to get in touch with all of your students at once. They will be notified via email each time you post an announcement. Feel free to post test dates, reminders, links to material or anything else you wish!
- Class Info: your classroom code lives here. If you don't know how to use it check out this article. What is a classroom Code?
- Class Resources: These are quick links to the test preps you added to your classroom.
- Practice Exams: Here you can lock and unlock diagnostics and practice exams. You can ignore this section if you wish to keep them open for the students in your classroom at all times.
- Class Roster: Here you can add students or remove students from your classroom. Help identify student usernames and even reset their passwords!
- Class Settings: You have the option to change your classroom name, add/remove/view content in your classroom, delete the classroom, and disable the student timer on all diagnostics and practice exams if you'd like.
- The gradebook consists of three different selector tools that open a world of data! Product allows you to select between the test prep grades in your classroom. View by lets you switch the views from class average to individual student grades. View is a dropdown menu that gets you the specific test prep grades you are looking for. Play around with these views and click the blue links in the different views to see your student's progress!
- This is an optional feature. Students will get exposure to all of the templated assignments available here but this is a great way to structure things a bit more. Students can not see their grade and answer results until after the due date has passed. You will see their time stamp, and score percentage to record these grades in your personal gradebook as you wish.
- Click on the "CREATE ASSIGNMENT" button to get started. Once you complete the steps you will find the fresh assignment in your "Assignment Library" where you can send, view, and delete the assignments. All student results appear below the "Assignment Library" in the "Review Student Performance" section.
- Phew..., a self-explanatory section!
Watch this video to see these steps in action!