There are three ways to get students added to your classroom. All students MUST have Shmoop accounts created first for any of these three methods to work.
Way 1: You do the work.
Invite Students Method
1. Click on the Shmoop logo or your username in the top right corner.
2. Click on "overview" for a recent classroom, or click "Go to all Classrooms."
3. Choose the classroom you want to invite students to.
4. Go to the "Manage" tab of that classroom.
5. Click + INVITE STUDENTS.
6. Type in the student's email address.
7. Click “+add.” This will cause the email address to drop down into the second box.
8. Repeat this process for each student you want to invite to join the classroom, and then click “Invite!”
9. Your student will receive an email with the above content and an invite to join your classroom. Once they accept, they’ll be automatically added to the classroom, and you’ll all be good to go!
Way 2: You do the work.
1. Right next to the "Invite Students" button there is an "Upload Students" button. Click "Upload Students"
2. You will be prompted with instructions to complete and upload a .csv file containing ONLY the student usernames or email addresses. This means not titles or extra columns. If there are any email addresses or usernames in the list that don't have Shmoop accounts the upload will not work.
3. Once you have completed the file and attached it click "Upload!" and watch your class roster come alive!
Way 3: They do the work.
1. Click on the Shmoop logo or your username in the top right of the screen.
2. Click the overview of a recently used classroom, or click on "Go to all Classrooms."
3. Click on the name of the classroom you want to invite your students to join.
4. Head to the "Manage" tab of that classroom.
5. Scroll down to Class Info, where you'll find the Classroom Code. Email that code to your students.
6. Students will now be able to add themselves to your classroom by heading to their own Dashboard, clicking JOIN CLASSROOM, and then filling in the class code from Step 5 along with the email address you used to create your account.)